Benefits of Membership
When you become a member of NCHE, in addition to the satisfaction of helping to promote history education, you will:
Receive NCHE's newsletter History Matters! published digitally ten times per year, and receive a complimentary subscription to the acclaimed journal Historically Speaking
Be entitled to a member discount on the NCHE Conference.
Discounted admission to museums and historic sites nationwide along with special discounts from publishers.
Access to the Members-Only section of our website, containing archives of downloadable NCHE publications, including our popular curriculum guides.
Did you know?
Members may access our Occasional Paper Archive.
- The Nature of Contemporary History
- America's Maritime History
- Educating Democracy--Are We Up To It?
- Sculpture and Public History
- History and Teachers Matter
- Why and How Should History Departments Prepare Secondary Social Studies Teachers?
- The Power of Political Cartoons in Teaching History
- Enlarging the Profession--Scholars Teaching History Open Letter
- Advancing History Education in American Schools--A Symposium, Pt. 3
- Advancing History Education in American Schools--A Symposium, Pt. 2
- Advancing History Education in American Schools--A Symposium, Pt. 1
- How the Future of History Connects with Museums
- Seamless Subjects, Seamless Reform
- American History since 1945--A Framework for Periodization
- Historical Literature and Democratic Education
- History's Vital Themes and Narratives
Members also receive special consideration from these sustaining contributors:
The American Labor Museum