NCHE MissionThe National Council for History Education promotes historical literacy by encouraging and creating opportunities for teachers and students to benefit from more history, better taught.
NCHE has five core beliefs:
- Collegiality and Collaboration enhance the study of history at every level,
- Historical Thinking Should be a Core Element of Every Education,
- Excellence in History Education is achieved by the incorporation of content and appropriate instructional methods,
- History has Unique Civic Value,
- History Imparts Essential Habits of Mind.